Beautiful feet don’t just happen. They need to constantly be cared for and pampered for them to look as healthy, soft and beautiful as they deserve to be. And it doesn’t even take all that much effort or time to take care of your feet. All you need to do is spend a few minutes a day and follow some of these foot care tips and eventually, you’ll own enviably beautiful feet.
- Don’t neglect cleaning your feet as you take bath. Clean every bit of each of your feet including the toes and the nails with a brush.
- Keep your feet moisturized all the time. Especially if your feet are prone to getting cracked or if you have a very dry skin.
- Give your feet warm water soaks every now and then to remove the dead cells of them. This also keeps them hydrated, moisturized and thereby healthy.
- Try not to cover your feet up with shoes all the time. Let them breathe and leave them free. Also make it a point not to wear shoes that are of a size that is smaller than your shoe size.
- It is a near impossible task to keep ourselves from wearing heels. But try to reduce the time that you spend walking around or standing in heels. They can cause some serious damage not just to your feet but also to your back.
- Make sure that the material of your shoes or socks isn’t unsafe to the skin of your feet, especially if they need to be covered up for a long time in a day for some reasons.
- Keep your legs moving and take small walks occasionally to keep the blood circulating to your feet. Most foot problems are a result of lack of blood circulating to your feet which leads to other problems like water retention in them.
- Toes and toe nails need to be taken care of regularly as well as a part of foot care. Make sure that the toe nails aren’t overgrown and clean them up regularly to keep the toes healthy.
- When you decide to get yourself a pedicure, make sure that the sanitation at the pedicure parlor is good. It is likely that you could catch diseases if the hygiene is not good enough.
- Pregnant women and diabetics need to be extra-careful of the foot care that they take. The feet of pregnant women tend to swell up due to water retention. If good care isn’t taken with respect to the footwear used, it could lead to problems. Diabetics on the other hand, need to be careful not to catch any infections that are related to the feet as they could spread leading to bigger problems. Massages help keep them from getting swollen sometimes.
With a little bit of attention and care, you can render your feet shiny, healthy and beautiful which you can then show off by wearing some colorful flats and heels!