Stretch marks are the off-color hue that form due to the tearing of inner layers of the skin. It happens when the skin stretches beyond its elastic capacity. Stretch marks usually form because of over weight, sudden change in weight or during pregnancy. Thighs, stomach, back, lower back, waist, arms and breast are the common areas where stretch marks become visible, though they can appear all over the body in some people.
The hormones which are responsible for these stretch marks affect the inner layers of the skin and diminishes the collagen and elastin production. When the skin gets overly stretched, the inner layers of the skin get teared due to lack of collagen or elastin fibers which are very necessary to support the skin tissues.
Natural Home Remedies To Remove Stretch Marks:
- Apricot mask to remove stretch marks:Cut open 3-4 apricots and remove the seeds. Blend them in a mixer to make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas of the skin. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse or wipe with a wet cloth. Repeat at least 2-3 times a week.
- Fresh aloe vera gel mask: Aloe vera gel is highly effective in boosting the collagen properties of the skin. Cut off the thorns of a fresh aloe vera stem and slit it along its length. Scrape out the gel inside with the help of a spoon. Mash the gel to make it smooth. Store this gel for over 2-3 days in a refrigerator. Apply the gel over the stretched skin several times a day. Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with water or wipe with a wet cloth. Aloe vera gel can prevent the formation of stretch marks if applied on belly during pregnancy.
- Cabbage egg white mask:Cabbage is very effective remedy to boost collagen. Egg white makes the skin firmer and the nutrients in it helps to heal the damaged layers of skin and also removes the blemishes. Rice flour removes the dead layers of skin and the linoleic acid in it helps to speed up the healing. Blend a piece of cabbage to make it a smooth paste. In a bowl, place 2-3 tbsp of rice flour. Add an egg white and cabbage paste and mix well. Apply this mask over the stretch marks and leave for at least 15 minutes. Rinse with mild soap and water.
- Coffee powder exfoliation:Add 1 tbsp of coarsely ground coffee beans to 1-2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix well to make a paste. Use this to gently exfoliate the stretch marks. Repeat twice a week for good results.
- Essential oils:Mix lemon oil, sweet almond oil, flax seed oil and rose hip oil in equal amounts in a small bowl. Use this mixed oil to massage the stretch marks daily. You can also use ghee or shea butter for this purpose.
# Drink plenty of water and keep the skin moisturized to help the skin heal quickly.