Blackheads are a result of excess oil, dirt, and dead cells. When you start seeing yellow or black plugs on your skin, understand that blackheads have taken over your skin. These are essentially pimples without the outer covering and the opened pimples become oxidized and turn dark black with the passage of time and here is where from they derive their name-‘blackheads.’ Although there are different remedies as well as methods to get rid of these blackheads, but using baking soda to remove these stubborn blackheads can be the easiest and the fastest way.
Benefits of Baking Soda
Baking soda has many benefits, to name a few:
- An excellent element that exfoliates skin and scrubs away dead skin cells, leaving the skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Further, it unclogs the pores that contain dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. Thus, it stops blackheads from appearing again.
- It has no harmful effects at all.
- The neutralizing property helps regulate the skin pH level, which makes the skin to produce less oil.
Combinations with Baking Soda to Remove Blackheads
Baking soda can be used well with some of the natural ingredients that are skin-friendly. Combining it with some of the natural variants can be effective in a good way. It can be blended with following essentials:
Sugar and baking soda to remove Blackheads
- Take 2 tablespoons of water and add a tablespoon of sugar and baking soda.
- Keep mixing until a fine paste is formed.
- Apply the paste on wet face and then massage with fingers.
- After a few minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do it on a regular basis until blackheads go away.
Milk and baking soda to remove Blackheads
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda and add some milk to make a paste.
- Apply it on clean face and massage for 30 seconds.
- Wash the face with lukewarm water.
Lemon and baking soda to remove Blackheads
- Mix ¼ cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda and make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on skin and massage with fingers.
- Let it dry completely.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Vinegar and baking soda to remove Blackheads
- Add equal amounts of baking soda and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and blend it thoroughly.
- With the help of a brush or fingertips, apply a thick layer of this paste on your face but do not go near the eyes.
- Spread the paste on your face and relax for 20 to 30 minutes and let it dry completely. Make sure the dried chunks do not fall off so keep your head up.
- Wash or rinse the face with warm water and then finish with your normal facial cleanser. After that, dry your face with a clean, dry, and soft cloth.
Water and baking soda to remove Blackheads
- Fill a clean wide mouth jar halfway with baking soda and make sure to avoid clumps.
- Add a tablespoon of water slowly to make a thick paste, also add a few drops of any essential oil.
- Focusing more on the affected areas, apply this paste on your face as well as neck. Let it dry until a crusty layer is formed on skin.
- After washing your hands in warm water, move them in circular motion n your face to remove the mask.
- In the end, wash the face with warm water.
- It is advised to repeat this process twice a week.
Hence, baking soda can do a miraculous job in removing blackheads.